Friday, April 22, 2005

Certain about Surtain?

Ok, so apologies as I've been trying firefight at work. I have quite a queue of comments, but the recent announcement of the Surtain trade was too hot not to comment on. I hate giving up our 2nd round pick, but after reviewing past Chiefs drafts with Monte and Matt, I am a fan of the deal. Carl has many flaws and has outstayed his welcome, but this is a good deal.

Surtain is certainly better than Phillip Buchanon (pbuck for you black hole residents) and I guess the price had been set. Now with him in the fold, the rest of the cornerback corp seems acceptable. I chomped at the bit when we didn't sign herndon, lucas or some of the other free agents, but holding out for a #1 corner rather than a #2 is the right move.

Heh. I guess I'll have to scrap my post about how I am hating being in Seattle and hearing how they keep signing guys as the Chiefs move slowly. I mean, with the Raiders and Broncos both making bold and smart moves, we were losing ground by standing still. (Carl, why weren't you calling Gibbs and Snyder?!!! The redskins 1st Rd pick for next year! That is very likely to be a high pick. Sigh.)

Anyway, at this point, I'm not sure what I want to see. If Johnson is there, we take him. I'm w/ Matt. A stud LB would be fantastic. But if not, I wouldn't mind trading back and picking up a 3rd or 4th rd pick. Given Carl's miss rate in the draft, especially first round picks, I'd rather give him a few more lottery tickets. The best option would to be trading one of our safeties for first-day picks.

Royals sidenote: WTF is up w/ Brian Anderson? I thought he was going to have a better year. He is killing his trade value. At least Sisco is pitching well. Note, he is definitely out-performing the guy AZ selected before him in the Rule 5 Draft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home